Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Greenella- Short Fuse/Gift of Not Giving 7"

So I've decided to start ripping 7"s that aren't available as downloads on the internet. This is pretty much going to be a bunch of random 90s shit that I've picked up randomly through trades/whatever. Expect awful quality because I don't care/I can't figure out how to make it better (lazy).

First off is Greenella, a 90s emo band from Denton, TX that gives me a Jawbreaker vibe. I got this record for free from a dude I bought the Radio Flyer LP from, and to my surprise it's not half bad. This came out on the Texas label Rise Records, but due to the incredibly shitty Oregon (?) Rise Records, who put out such great bands as Attack Attack!, finding information on this label/band is impossible. I'll upload the cover/inserts sometime in my life and I'll edit the post with them then. Until then, enjoy the tunes you otherwise would've never heard.

2 comments:

There Will Be Bags said...

hey thanks for posting...we were indeed from denton, but rise records was from austin, tx and started by craig koon, who also worked at the legendary sound exchange in austin. he put out as mix of austin based bands, and one offs with the new bomb turks and the melvins among others

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ said...

these songs are so good

has the band released anything else?